Whisper Step® acoustical underlayment features unmatched, high-density support under luxury vinyl flooring. Whisper Step® provides a significant reduction in impact noise and can be used over most substrates.
- MLF/LVT/Rigid Core with attached back
- Sheet Vinyl
- Engineered hardwood
- Solid hardwood
- Noise Guard
Reduces impact and airborne noise in-room and between floors. Reduces up to 10 decibels of in-room noise and an overall improvement between floors of 25%.
- Block-out® Moisture Guard
Prevents spills from getting into subfloor and allows moisture vapor to escape from beneath.
- Mold & Mildew Guard
Fresh Dimension® antimicrobial works to inhibit the growth of mold, mildew, and odor-causing bacteria.
Makes hard-surface flooring more enjoyable.
The class leading extreme density not only resists compression but will perform for the life of the floor.
- Easy Installation
Lays flat and helps mask minor subfloor irregularities; can be used above and below grade.
|Composition:||Made of High-Density Synthetic Rubber|
|Density:||62 lbs/ft³ or 42 oz/yd²|
|Shore A Hardness:||70 ASTM D2240|
|IFD @ 25%/65%:||677.2 lbs/5,000+ lbs|
|Thickness:||0.056" (1.42 mm)|
|Moisture Barrier:||Block-Out® Moisture Guard|
|Permeance:||1.151 ASTM E96 *|
|Water Vapor Emission:||0.252 lbs/1000 ft2/24 hr ASTM E96|
|Castor Durability Test:||Passes 25,000 Cycles**|
|Impact Insulation Class (IIC):||73 ASTM E492 / E989|
|ΔIIC:||22 ASTM E2179|
|Sound Transmission Class (STC):||64 ASTM E90 / E413|
|Indoor Air Quality:||Passes California Section 01350 for low VOC emissions|
- * Conduct moisture tests in accordance with flooring manufacturer installation guidelines and requirements
- ** Passes Castor Durability Test for 25,000 cycles when tested under minimum of 3 mm double-glued luxury vinyl plank and minimum 3.2 mm floating-click
- Shore A Hardness: ASTM D2240
- IFD: ASTM D3574
- Permeance: ASTM E96
- IIC: ASTM E492-09 / ASTM E989-06
- Δ IIC: ASTM E2179-03
- STC: ASTM E90 / ASTM E413-10